Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HW 30b: Response to Scott Ritter

While at the Citizenship Symposium at Keene State College, I decided to drop in on the symposium entitled “Citizen Soldiers’ and Global Warriors: Challenges of Iraq.” The speaker for this session was former UN weapons inspector Scott Ritter. Mr. Ritter was very focused on the constitution and how it pertains to the American people. He says that we as citizens are here to defend the constitution and to protect our country. Ritter seemed a little too raw for me and while I respect that he has his own opinion and that he is not afraid to express it, I do not agree with his views. I feel that even if you were not born in the United States you can be classified as a U.S. citizen. It is not fair to exclude someone because they are not born in a certain place, a citizen should have more meaning than that.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

I don't think that Ritter menat you can't be a US citizen if you weren't born in the US.