Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 17B: Answering Questions Behind the Scene

For this assignment we have been asked to pick a blog that would influence the way I would vote in an upcoming election. The two blogs we had to choose from were that of Markos Moulitsas Zuniga and Ana Marie Cox. When reading the interviews about both of these bloggers I came to find that Markos would have the greatest effect on my vote for the election. My first reason would be that I am a Democrat and that Markos seems to have a better grasp on the election and the truths that are behind each campaign. Ana does have an interesting and straight forward personality that helps her relate to the younger crowd but it is just not for me. When looking at the interview it seems that she takes these subjects of the election and the power of voting not as seriously as Markos does. Not to put her down because she is a much better writer than me but it seems that her work is just about the money. She wants to get money and do as less work as possible so she can live her life the way she wants to while Markos is there for the people. He wants to unveil the truth about democrats that are there for the money but not the cause. “One problem I write about on the blog, and that we’re going to try and address in our consulting work, is the influence that traditional democratic consultants and media firms have over the party. They’re not really interested in winning the elections. They’re only interested in making money” (44, Zuniga). When Markos said this I knew he wanted the people to know that even in his party there is many flaws, and I commend him because usually they try and cover these things up. He also has plans to use the money for the election in a positive and productive way. He wants to use it to help stock up on field organizers and developing strategies to help win the election for the Democrats.

Blog!, David Kline and Dan Burstein,
Quoted from Markos Moulitas Zuniga

No comments: