Tuesday, October 9, 2007

HW 18: Giuliani, Dissapointing News

After asking us to find our least favorite blog post of the week, there was a feeling that I wouldn’t be able to find one that I would disagree with or just didn’t like. Surprisingly enough though it took me less than a full two minutes to find a blog that was upsetting to me. I found this blog through the Democratic National Committee: Blog. This article was about presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani and his recent comments that have got him in trouble with the public. He claimed to have added a certain amount of officers to the New York City Police force during his term as Mayor. This period was between the years of 1994-2000, it turns out that he was wrong about this number, and this caused a little more investigation into his other claims. It turns out that other things that Giuliani has claim to done in the past years have been found to be false or an exaggeration. This is not a huge deal to the campaign for his presidency but to me it hurt to read this article. I have been a strong supporter of Giuliani and the work he did in the city of New York but now he has been lying and I do not respect that very much. If you want to check this article out yourself check it out at http://www.factcheck.org/cop-counting_cop-out.html.

No comments: