Wednesday, September 5, 2007

HW 2: Will Blog's Ever Catch Main Stream Media?

After reading Burstein’s 12 key ideas in “From Cave Painting to Wonkette”, I have found one idea that has stuck out to me. Burstein claims that, “blogs will coexist with other media for a long time to come, and there will be continual interactions and cross-fertilizations. (Burstein,xxii)” I agree that blogging is being used more commonly in our society, but I would not go as far to say that it will be on the same level with other media outlets. When asking my friends and classmates I have seen that blogging is very rarely used in the young age group. It would make sense that blogging would catch on to the younger age group because it involves computer technology which teens use frequently. Teens don’t use this technology because we have a sense of security with television and newspapers. We were brought up watching the news with our parents not sitting around the computer reading blogs. That is why I would have to disagree with Burstein’s statement that blogs will be on the same level as main stream media.


D. Kline, D. Burstein, (2005), Blog!, New York, Squibnocket Partners LLC.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Nice form crediting sources--you've got the signal phrase and in-text citations in just the right places. Here's how to punctuate it in perfect MLA form:
After reading Burstein’s 12 key ideas in “From Cave Painting to Wonkette,” I have found one idea that has stuck out to me. Burstein claims that, “blogs will coexist with other media for a long time to come, and there will be continual interactions and cross-fertilizations" (Burstein xxii).